This Month’s Prize: A Copy of One of the Greatest Books on Latin American Crime Ever Written
1. Answer the question below. Maximum answer length is 150 words.
2. Email your answer in the form of a word document or pdf attached to your email.
3. Don’t forget to include your name, so we know who we are talking to if you win!
4. The contest is open to everyone – academic and non-academic – from anywhere in the world. People of all ages are welcome to participate.
5. Answers are judged on the basis of originality and convincingness. Within the 150-word limit, you can be as simple or as complicated as you like. You can be as mainstream or as wacky as you like.
6. On this particular question, citations are not required. (On other questions that we ask later, citations may be essential.)
7. The deadline for receiving entries is Midnight between April 17 and April 18, 2019 Central Daylight Time.
8. Send all emails to
Now, here’s the question.
APRIL 2019 CONTEST QUESTION
Why did narcotraffic in Mexico increase between 1990 and the present day?
Answers from all intellectual perspectives and political points of view are welcome.